help please..silly old wireless routers

swampy123321 16:22 20 Jun 2006

ok...i have brought a belkin adsl modem with wireless g-router to get wireless for my psp ...ive tried seting it all up still no luck ived had it for months and every now and then i try again no luck ....it says i have to set it up on the internet while its pluged in but i cant it says theres no internet connections please help

mgmcc 16:44 20 Jun 2006

You set up a router by connecting the PC to it by ethernet cable and then entering its IP address into a web browser - for a Belkin router the IP address is 192.168.2.1

If this doesn't work (and you *DON'T* need to be connected to the internet to access its Setup pages), you may have to give your network adapter a fixed IP address in the same range, for example 192.168.2.2 with Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

swampy123321 17:28 20 Jun 2006

do i still ned my modem i got with the aol package ?

ade.h 18:45 20 Jun 2006

No. You can't use an ADSL modem with a router. That's why ADSL users have to buy modem/routers and cable users have to use cable/DSL routers that accept their proprietary Ethernet-based modems.

By the way; months of trying? You should have come here sooner! ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?