HELP please - Using Gamepad to play games???

dnjl 15:13 07 Feb 2008

Can anyone help me please -

I have bought a Logitec Rumblepad 2. Put disc in and followed instructions.
When you go into Game Controllers in the Control Panel, the gamepad show as working OK. Buttons do what they are supposed to do.

When you go into Lara Croft Tomb Raider Anniversary game - you have options to use - Mouse, keypad, gampad. You can get to highlight the keypad and mouse but you cannot get the curser to go onto gamepad - so you cannot highlight it and use it to play the game. You cannot play the game without a gamepad.

What have I not done??

Totally-braindead 16:31 07 Feb 2008

Only suggestion I have is see if Logitec can help click here if you click on the controller you have there is support available, perhaps even same FAQs which may answer your question.
See if theres a newer driver as well in case that has something to do with it. See if theres patches for Tomb Raider as well and see if the Gamepad works with another game, if it works with something else then at least you'll know its something about the game and that the controller works.

dnjl 11:27 08 Feb 2008

Totally-braindead

Thanks. Have done and it works OK now

Totally-braindead 14:27 08 Feb 2008

Just so other people will know if they do a search which part of my advise worked? New drivers?

tullie 06:16 09 Feb 2008

Cant play the game without a gamepad?Of course you can

Totally-braindead 13:02 09 Feb 2008

tullie I assummed it was an error and he meant he cannot play the game with a gamepad. I actually like using the mouse and keyboard and don't particularly like using gamepads, I have one but have only used it a couple of times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?