help please with toshiba laptop.

25paul 14:01 06 Mar 2006

i wonder if anyone can help me please. on saturday my toshiba equium laptop turned itself off 2 or 3 times. i turned it back on each time and the problem seemed solved. on sunday it turned off again but now it won't boot. the power light and the other green lights at the front come on but nothing appears on the screen. the laptop is just over a year old and out of its guarrantee - typical ! i hope someone can advise me what the problem might be and offer some solution. thank you, paul.

rmcqua 14:05 06 Mar 2006

Does this happen when mains powered or under battery power?

25paul 14:12 06 Mar 2006

hi. thanks for your quick response. it won't boot with or without the mains power lead connected.

Taff™ 16:00 06 Mar 2006

It might be the screen - have you tried plugging in an external monitor?

25paul 17:03 06 Mar 2006

no not yet. i'm off to work just now. but if anyone else has any suggestions i'd be grateful. i'll check back tomorrow,. thanks in advace.

25paul 19:22 06 Mar 2006

thanks to taff and rmcqua for your help. the laptop is working again. i rang toshiba support who helped me fix the problem. for anyone having the same difficulties heres what i was told to do. remove battery, unplug mains lead. hold down power button for 6 seconds, connect mains lead then start computer. this fixed the problem. hope this helps someone else. paul.

25paul 19:23 06 Mar 2006

sorry i shouild have said that it was a bulid up of static that caused the problem in the first place. holding down the power button for 6 seconds gets rid of it.

paul.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?