Help please-Skype problem

281apple 10:52 25 May 2008

Skype disconnects automatically after less than one minute and this happens on every outgoing or incoming call. I reinstalled Skype, verified the settings but it continues to disconnect. This problem is not listed on Skype's FAQ's and they don't answer my Email queries. Could it be a problem with my computer and could my re-installing Windows XP solve the problem?

johnnyrocker 11:26 25 May 2008

i doubt it, have you tried the very comprehensive skype forum? do any othe programs like messenger etc disconnect?

johnny

281apple 11:31 25 May 2008

Yes, I spent about 30 minutes on Skype's forum but did not find anything there which could help me. No other programmes are disconnected; all my Internet connections work OK.

Technotiger 11:37 25 May 2008

If it is a problem with your PC then perhaps Ccleaner click here might sort it - run Ccleaner in its default settings.

audeal 13:00 25 May 2008

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling Skype. This sometimes helps to solve some problems. Could be there is some corruption someware within the program.

281apple 16:54 25 May 2008

I tried Ccleaner which did find something which I corrected but Skype still disconnected after doing this. I have already uninstalled Skype and then downloaded the latest version. Skype still disconnects all the time in less than two minutes of being connected with someone.

Quiet Life 23:07 25 May 2008

I had problems with Sapo Messanger which is a similar program to Skype and uninstalled and reinstalled many times without success.
I saw skidzy give a link to click here which I used to uninstall and also delete numerous registry entries which remained. Reinstalled the program and it is now working as it should. Could be worth a try.

281apple 07:57 26 May 2008

And thanks to everyone else for your help. A friend of mine who uses Skype with AOL loaned me his laptop and I connected it to my my Cable router. Registered with Skype and it worked perfectly. I then went to a neighbor's home who uses Skype and whose connection is CAT. I registered on Skype my nickname and password on his computer and it worked. My conclusion is that my desktop has a problem. I am going to reinstall XP. I guess it should work OK thereafter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017