Help Please, is my Firewall enough?

Green 1 02:17 03 Aug 2006

I have just got BB and have put on the Outpost Firewall (Free) I do not download music or movies just mainly just surf around, I would like to know from you kind people, do I need the paid for version or will the freebie be enough, so far I am happy with it and it is very easy to use. I am on W98, 256ram but I`m not at all techie. I do have Spybot, Adaware, Spywareguard and Mcafee AV, I hope I have told you enough, Many thanks for any replies I may get.

beeuuem 02:30 03 Aug 2006

I use Outpost and although I now have subscribed (only 'cos they were offering free lifetime updates) the free version is a perfectly good firewall and will give all the protection you need.

gel 06:51 03 Aug 2006

Hello
Have a look at zone alarm its free
click here
gel

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:00 03 Aug 2006

You have got more than enough. I haven't used a firewall for nearly 4 years so you are better 'protected' than me. Don't worry and surf on. As long as you keep everything updated, use a bit of common sense, you will be fine.

G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:17 03 Aug 2006

Your protection with Spybot, Adaware, Spywareguard and Mcafee AV with the outpost firewall is excellant for the way you are using your machine and would be good enough for downloading music and movies as well.

Just wish evryone would show some sense in protecting themselve before connecting to the web, it would make our lives on the forum much easier.

:0)

Green 1 01:55 04 Aug 2006

Many thanks for the replies you have put my mind to rest, May I also say to all you good people out there who give their time and knowledge freely an extra THANKYOU, you are a godsend to non techies like me, Thank you very much, Brian.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone