help please my computers naffed

User-5EAB8702-CC7F-44C2-B5384FA1698F6085 23:46 21 Feb 2008

iv got a medion cd that i format it with and i got to 59% and crashed i have foned medion and they sed they dont supply that cd no more so how could i get it working agen,, any help wud be really appreciated

woodchip 23:51 21 Feb 2008

Is all the Partitions still on the drive? how did you use the Medion CD? out of the three choices what did you choose to restore?

all i used to do is put the cd in and format the pc but the cd got 2 many scratches and wen i turn it on it just got loads of white writing sayin error an that

all i used to do is put the cd in and format the pc but the cd got 2 many scratches and wen i turn it on it just got loads of white writing sayin error an that

woodchip 00:04 22 Feb 2008

Is the recovery Partition still on the drive? When you try boot with Recovery CD does it give you a choise on restoring. It should give three options. You should first try top short option if that does not work try next one down

i put the recovery disck in and boot from cd not hardisk wen comes up and gives me 3 option 1, start recovery if i do that it will crash at 59% the 2 option is ms dos promt and 3, quit

badhair1963 02:33 22 Feb 2008

Try this:

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:54 22 Feb 2008

you can install from a normal windows CD (borrow one) and use the serial number on the sticker at the rear of the PC.

All the drivers for medion PCs are free at click here

woodchip 15:27 22 Feb 2008

On my Medion recovery disc it gives
1/ Recover Boot files only.
2/ Recove System-and Driver files.
3/ Recovere factory settings

Last on is a full system Recovery.
The Recovery Partition as to still be on the drive for the above to work

six-h 16:54 22 Feb 2008

Interesting link.
Bookmarked in the (hopefully) unlikely event I'll need it..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?