Help please to get laptop back on wireless

jacobjohn7 13:20 18 Nov 2009

I had wireless connection via a card bus in the laptop, it is now trying to find connection, please could someone tell me how what and where I find and put the codes to get me back on.
CHeers
John

tullie 13:38 18 Nov 2009

Ive got no doubt that someone will help,if you give them more info such as ISP,Router,Operating System etc.Have you previously had a connection,and what have you tried so far?

ambra4 13:46 18 Nov 2009

“Tell me how what and where I find and put the codes to get me back on”

You need to access the router go to the wireless section in the security section the wireless

password /code will be listed

You should always save the wireless access code in a safe place like a flash drive or a make a

folder on your back up hard drive so that in 1 year time when you get a new PC you won’t be

asking stupid question on how to find your wireless access code

jacobjohn7 16:44 18 Nov 2009

Thanks for that tullie, comments like the last one from AMBRA does not help. It only causes anger OK. There is no such thing as a stupid question, if you go on a forum seeking help with a problem then the question is presented, if you are not going to be a nice person AMBRA, then please do not answer.

jacobjohn7 16:47 18 Nov 2009

My ISP is AOL. I have previously had a connection on the laptop. The wireless facility has stopped working, my AOL connection on my main comp is fine, the router on this comp is NETGEAR ADSL Modem Router. Hope this helps someone provide an helpful response. Cheers

Kevscar1 16:56 18 Nov 2009

Couldn.t connect on wifes laptop yesterday.
Right clicked on network then diagnose and repaired. That sorted it.
Might be worth a try.

FatboySlim71 22:49 18 Nov 2009

Enter click here into your web browser and just check in the wireless/wireless settings section that 'Enable Wireless Access Point' is not unticked. If it is then tick the box click on apply.

Could you go into device manager, and right click on your wireless card, just to make sure it has not been inadvertently disabled.

jacobjohn7 18:29 19 Nov 2009

cheers fatboy and kev.
it is ticked. got my WEP code from this though, which is what i might need to get the lap back on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone