Help please? duplicates on itunes

tomei 13:00 25 Jan 2009

How do I remove all the duplicates of my downloads on itunes? When I 'remove' up comes another couple of duplicates! I do not seem able now to drag from playlist onto main panel neither? itunes Help panel not much good for me at this stage! Thanks

john bunyan 13:34 25 Jan 2009

In iTunes, go to the tune you think is duplicated. Then right click and select find file in windows explorer. (Usually the are in iTunes/iTunes Music folder) If there are, indeed 2 copies there you could delete one, but be careful not to empty your recycle bin until you check all is well. Usually if you right click a tune there is an option to delete it, then another message asks if you want to send it to the recycle bin or just remove it from the library but keep it in the above folder.No need to drag from playlist to main library - if you delete in the playlist it stays in the library. You only completely delete from the "Music" list. Drag To a playlist, yes.

Rose82 19:40 22 Sep 2009

I had a problem with itunes. I used a program to [URL="click here"]Itunes find duplicates[/URL] which is called Clone Remover. And I solved my problem. It works not only with itunes. What do you think about it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017