HELP PLEASE!! cant boot windows or recovery consol

2drewej 21:26 02 Jan 2007

hi, out of the blue my main computer crashed, whenever i try to start windows i get the error

REGISTRY_ERROR
*** STOP: oxoooooo51

i have tried everthing i can think of, cant use recovery console, cant boot up windows at all and i cant reset my computer to its factory state. whenever i try any of this i just get the above error!

i do not have a system backup cd but i did burn a copy of BARTPE and HirensBoot cd if that good help atall???

Technotiger 21:34 02 Jan 2007

Hi, have you tried starting in Safe Mode ... press f8 repeatedly on startup - if you can get into safe mode you may be able to do a system restore.

2drewej 21:46 02 Jan 2007

yes i have tried in safe mode it still comes up with the error.

i have also tried system restore - still no luck...

pk46 22:21 02 Jan 2007

Are you running W2000? if you are you will require a W2000 emergency repair disk if you haven't i'm sorry you will have todo a full reinstall a pain with W2000 if your running WXP then i don't know why your showing that error.

woodchip 22:25 02 Jan 2007

Sounds like Registry is Corrupt. Try the Bart CD

Strawballs 22:28 02 Jan 2007
  BEN MARSHALL 22:38 02 Jan 2007

See Link to how to so a Windows Repair, this will replace all windows files, repairing your FAT32. Filing System, but will retain all your data, and settings.

click here

Good Luck,

Ben

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:48 02 Jan 2007

Repair XP by install over the top of existing systm

1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.

DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).

4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.

6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.

Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.

Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Repair XP
click here

2drewej 22:55 02 Jan 2007

thanks for the help but my computer didnt come with an xp cd , it was pre installed, it has somthing called "packard bell recovery programme" thats supposed to be the same as a xp cd but i still get the error when i try to use"

i do have an xp backup cd on my second pc though.. would that work???

Input Overload 22:59 02 Jan 2007

Have you checked the CPU fan?

2drewej 10:26 03 Jan 2007

yes i have checked the cpu fan it is working fine.
would it be possible to download another xpcdrom (ie a trial) and then enter my own serial no. etc?

or is there a bootable cd that can restore the part of the registry that is corrupt?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?