Help please! Access point problem.

PattiAnn 18:46 11 Apr 2009

Can anyone help? My son couldn't connect to his PS3 yesterday via my Belkin. He accessed the Belkin page on 192.168.2.1 (from my wired pc) and (stupidly) changed it to access point. Now I can't get back on to the Belkin page. The router won't work at all now and is not showing up as an option when he tries to connect wirelessly. Having looked at a few threads on the net I have reset the router (by pressing the reset at back). What do I do now? I've even tried reloading the Belkin disc to reinstall the router (which incidentally took me 3 days to achieve successfully) but this is showing a technical problem. Help would be much appreciated - as you can probably tell I'm a bit of a novice, but will try anything....

ambra4 20:32 11 Apr 2009

Reset the router forget the CD you must be hard wired to access the router

Start your browser and enter the router access code, check the manual for the correct code

Once you have access the router page check that the following is correct if connected via the

phone line

Connection Type = PPPoA

Encapsulation Method: VCMUX

VPI: 0

VCI: 38

Authentication: Auto

Keep Alive: On

User Idle Timeout: 4320

NAT: On

QoS: On

User Name & Password that you presently use to access your ISP service

Click on the wireless button and enter the SSID name and the password code save and try access

to the internet

PattiAnn 00:47 12 Apr 2009

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I still have a problem. The internet on the router is intermittant so I think there may be a problem with the router or cable modem.

ambra4 01:04 12 Apr 2009

The setting that I listed is for an ASDL broadband via the phone line not for a cable modem.

To set the router for a cable modem

Power everything off, including the Cable Modem, which must be left without power for

four to five minutes

Power on the Cable Modem when fully booted with all lights displayed

Power on the Router when the router is fully up and running

Power on the computer and wait until it is fully booted up

The Cable Modem will recognize a new connection and allocate an IP address to it.

If you now type the Router's IP address into your web browser you should be able to open its

configuration pages to set it up for wireless networking.

Once the router set-up is completed and you have SAVE the setting log out and close browser

Check if you now have access to the Internet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?