HELP......! Please...

cchaplin 19:52 18 Jan 2006

There seems to be a virus on my pc whats doing my head in.... I've tried various anti virus software and they say theres nothing there. It doesn't seem to be slowing down my computer or making the system crash, what it is doig though is closing certain (not all) web browser windows or programs which have certain words in them e.g 'virus' or 'monitor'. Its not doing it for everything but just the fact its doing it at all is worrying what else it could be doing what I don't know about.

If anyone else has experienced anything like this or knows what it could be and how to fix it I'd be very gratefull, Thanks if you've read this far :)

VoG II 20:02 18 Jan 2006

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

When installing, under 'Additional Options' untick 'Install background guard' and 'Install scan via context menu'.

Launch Ewido by double clicking the icon on your desktop. The program will now go to the main screen.
You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files. On the left hand side of the main screen click update then click on Start Update.

Then select 'Settings'. Under the bottom section 'What to Scan?' make sure 'Scan every file' is ticked. Select 'OK' and you will return to scanning options. Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin. This scan can take quite a while to run.

While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose 'Clean' (or 'Delete' if 'Clean' is not an option). Then put a tick next to 'Perform action on all infections'. Doing this enables the scan to proceed automatically until its completion. Click OK.

cchaplin 20:59 18 Jan 2006

Thanks it worked great over programs i'd tried wouldn't let me update as they crashed because of the virus......Ewido found 201 infected files :s gonna keep ontop of it now , again thanks

hzhzhz 21:13 18 Jan 2006

BETTER TITLE......! Please...

VoG II 21:15 18 Jan 2006

Tick?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

See the Best Button Badge Designs of 2017

iPhone X review

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires