help with picking laptop

stephen1978 12:14 21 Nov 2009

can anyone tell if you had the choice between theses to laptops which one would be the best ????

click here

click here

stephen1978 14:31 21 Nov 2009

or couls someone find me a better deal ??

ened 15:24 21 Nov 2009

I recently spent a lot of time looking for a laptop.

In the end I went for a Compaq purely because I preferred the way the keyboard was laid out.

As far as your comparison is concerned, so long as the specs are what you are looking for I don't think there are any more likely to be issues with one or t'other.

I found that there will be good and bad reviews about all of them and in the end it comes down to personal preference.

Likewise the retailer. I have had bad experiences with Comet and was impressed with the service from Dixons (PC World/ Curries,)others will have had reverse experiences.

My Compaq is a couple of models up from yours but it is a lovely machine. I wish they wouldn't put trial versions pre-installed on these things though. If it comes with McAfee I would (did) uninstall it as the first job when you turn the machine on. Don't even click on it, just remove it and install Avast or AVG.

Technotiger 15:35 21 Nov 2009

Both are good choices - but my personal preference would be for the Toshiba.

amonra 19:34 21 Nov 2009

Reliability tests have put the Toshiba in the higher range of laptops. If I can find the link I'll post it later. Try this one:-
click here

Why wont it work 22:43 21 Nov 2009

I'd go for the second laptop (The Toshiba) as it has a dual core Celeron T3000. The Compaq only has a single core Celeron C900- so I wouldn't bother with it unless you really want to save the money.

Generally, the more cores the merrier. A dual core processor with make windows 'smoother' and allow you to more things at once.

In all other respects the spec is quite similar. I don't think the build quality/reliability between them will be much- I've had both Toshiba and Compaq laptops and they've all been fine. Hope that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?