Help with Outlook 2003 Signature / Stationary pls

Major Disaster 19:34 10 Feb 2006

hello

I am trying to set it up so that when ever i reply, forward or create a new message in Micrososft Outlook 2003 it automatically inserts a Picture followed by some text.

I have tried making a new signature - and this works for new messages, BUT not replies! I have no idea why.

Any ideas?

Thanks

anskyber 19:47 10 Feb 2006

Yes Tools>options>Mail Format under signatures select Signature for replies and forwards.

Major Disaster 19:50 10 Feb 2006

Thanks for the help but ive allready tried this. I get the text part (although it is aquahed up) but no picture. I have noticed it is in plain text, does this matter?

thanks again

Major Disaster 22:29 10 Feb 2006

any ideas...?

Major Disaster 10:14 11 Feb 2006

quick update, i have noticed that i get both text and picture when replying to a html message (with pictures) but only text when replying to just a text message.

Any ideas?

BRYNIT 10:45 11 Feb 2006

Plain or rich text e-mails are text only and will not allow pictures. You will only get the picture with a html e-mail.

HMIG 11:53 11 Feb 2006

Have you chosen reply in the same format, for your e-mails?

That would also limit the use of a picture.

I have used MS Word to set up the sig and picture then save page as html. Then use the html address/link as the sig source.

It does though cause havoc if the picture in the sig is large; many network mail systems have limited e-mail accounts. A few e-mails and your recipients accounts are closed due to being too full, LOL, not intentional but a real faux pas!

Major Disaster 13:37 11 Feb 2006

hey thanks for the input.

HMIG - "Have you chosen reply in the same format, for your e-mails?" im not sure, where could i find this option?

My picture is only small so should be ok (i hope!)

thanks again

HMIG 10:21 12 Feb 2006

Hi Major

Apologies that was 98 not 2003 I checked, yes I run that option I find it better for the Zimacs mail I receive, though I do run 2003 from my new desk top. Suppose MSoft think everyone has gone high spec now. Also run Lotus Notes as E-mail when working away, Zimacs is the best of the three by far. Hope you get sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?