Help with NTL Web site details, Please?

Wak 19:27 06 Apr 2005

Like the poster of another thread I have just been reading, I too have an NTL web site (now over 1 year old) which was originated out of interest using the Terrapin FTP program.
I have recently tried to access my site using the Free FTP Commander program but am unable to connect.
In one thread, Pesala mentioned using the upload.ntlworld.com details but I'm not sure what these are apart from my E-mail address and password. You'll no doubt gather that I'm not very well up in this subject and wondered if some kind soul could point me in the right direction, Please??
Many thanks, Wak.

Pesala 11:48 08 Apr 2005

click here

Just create a new server and enter your Username and Password. By default FTP commander comes with some servers configured for Microsoft FTP server etc.

The latest version of FTP Commander is 7.33

Wak 12:16 08 Apr 2005

Many thanks for the response, Pesala, I'll give that a try and advise.
Wak.

Wak 15:14 08 Apr 2005

Hi Pesala, My version of FTP Commander is the latest, ie. 7.33.
After adding NTL to the Server list I have tried all combinations of I.D. etc. in the right hand side panel of FTP Commander (as per your clipboard example) but on pressing the CONNECT button I get:-

Connecting to upload.ntlworld.com. , 08 Apr 2005 14:34:39
500 ESocketException: connect: WSocketResolveProto: Cannot convert protocol 'tcp', Error #11004

Does this mean anything to you?

I am using Win 98SE, NTL Broadband thro' set top box, Sygate Firewall and Avast anti-virus.
Any further assistance you can offer would be very much appreciated.

Pesala 15:17 08 Apr 2005

Try turning off the firewall, that's all I can suggest.

Wak 15:55 08 Apr 2005

Turning off the firewall doesn't appear to make any difference.
Thank you for your assistance so far, I think I shall leave the problem for a while and try again later.
Wak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?