Help with notebook

bear73 18:13 01 Mar 2010

Hi

I won a Dell Inspiron 910 mini notebook recently at a charity auction. I don't need it as we recently bought a notebook so I want to sell it. Its new and the local computer shop who donated it have offered a 12 month warranty. I have tried to ask them some questions about it but they are not replying to my emails since I said I was going to sell it (although they have said they will honour the warranty whoever owns it). I want to list it on Ebay but I have no information about its spec. Things like Processor Speed, Hard Drive capacity, Memory (RAM), Processor Type, Primary Drive, Operating System etc.

Is there an easy way for me to find all this info myself on the pc itself. I don't think I have much option but to get it out of the box and switch it on.

Thanks

VoG II 18:17 01 Mar 2010

Try running this on the notebook click here

Strawballs 18:23 01 Mar 2010
  woodchip 18:30 01 Mar 2010

check the book in the box, if it does not have one, the info about the netbook will be on the cd that you got with it

bear73 18:36 01 Mar 2010

Brilliant thanks.

Strawballs - can I assume that all those specs will be the same as the one I've got? Just worried to sell it and then get an angry buyer saying it wasn't as listed!! On the base it definitely says Dell Inspiron 910. Stickers on the inside say Intel Atom inside and one next to it says N series. I will run what VoG suggested as well and see what it says.

I want to get as much for it as possible so want to list it accurately.

Thanks

woodchip 18:40 01 Mar 2010

You do not need to run nothing it should tell you in System Information. This should be found under, Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information

bear73 18:47 01 Mar 2010

Thanks. When I turn on the pc there are a couple of Dell screens where it gives me some service codes then it loads something called Ubuntu?

It then starts a set up process that I don't want to do as I am selling it as new. It asks for my name and to set up a password and there is no way out of it.

I think I will just list it with the details found about the Dell 910 Inspiron and hope they match! I really don't want to mess with it too much as I want to sell it as brand new. There is a Dell CD in the box which says Drivers and Utilities for Dell Inspiron 910n.

Thanks

Strawballs 21:20 01 Mar 2010

It does not come with windows it is running Linux Ubuntu the only thing is the hard drive it could be one of 3 4,8 or 16gig SSD (solid state drive)

Technotiger 21:33 01 Mar 2010

Is this the one - if so, this gives you an idea of the original price! click here

Technotiger 21:35 01 Mar 2010

I should have added - if this is the one, then all the details are shown too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017