I had to reinstall windows after a major crash.
Now installed windows 98, after wiping disk clean and formatting, had millenium but i thought that was erm... not good.
Anyway I didnt have millenium disks cos the Pc is second hand.
I now have the following problems,
1) No sound at all from internal speaker or external speakers.
2) Colour is only running on 16 colours. used to be 32 bit true colour.
3) Hard drive is now only 1.99GB was 9GB. I ahve not yet set up FAT 32 system. ? did i do something wrong when i formatted?
4) I have 3 devices with a yellow query mark,
a) PCI Ethernet controller
b) PCI Multimedia audio device
c) an unknown device?
5) Since the change the graphics controller has changer, it is an Intel 82810E graphics controller 4.12.01.2604 but shows as a PCI standard controller.
6) I think I may have missing driversfor
a) Intel 82801AA Bus Master IDE controller
b) Intel 82801AA USB universal host controller
c) AC'97 Driver for Intel 82801AA controller
LNE 100TX fast ethernet adaptor v.1
Im really strggling to get my system back in full working order so any help would be appreciated.
Is there a tool out there which would identify missing drivers?