Help Network collapse!!

acsmanhtml12 17:20 17 Mar 2006

Hi, following some advice from this forum about setting up a network and used the wizard on both the computers but as soon as I ask it to save on the other computer or on the other computer ask it to create a shared folder it says you don't have access to this server. Please help me how to set up my network!

mgmcc 21:17 17 Mar 2006

<<< or on the other computer ask it to create a shared folder it says you don't have access to this server >>>

You don't create shared folders in a *REMOTE* PC. You always set the folders as "shared" in the *LOCAL* PC by right clicking and selecting the "Sharing & Security" option. Once set as shared, they become available over the network to other computers.

acsmanhtml12 07:04 18 Mar 2006

So I've set up my network on one computer that can view it's shared network folder but I can't it says I don't have access so how can I save anything on the shared folder!!

mgmcc 17:10 18 Mar 2006

Have a look at this screenshot - click here

At the moment I have a Windows PC called "Magister" and an Apple "MacMini" running. In the Windows PC, the "Shared Documents" folder has been set as "shared" so that it is available over the network. Its "share" name is "Mag_shared".

If I want to save any files in the Windows PC so that they are available over the network, I still use the normal Shared Documents folder. Any updates to that folder are automatically available over the network from other computers.

Does that make it any clearer?

acsmanhtml12 11:47 19 Mar 2006

Yeah a lot clearer!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?