Help with net.framework

Babsy2222 21:43 17 Mar 2008

I would like some help please. Every time I boot up my computer a box pops up with the message:

DLLC:\WINDOWS\MICROSOFT.NET\FRAMEWORK\V.1.14322\MSCORWKS.dll is not a valid windows image please check this against your installation diskette.

When I click on OK another box pops up with
.net framework intialization error

C:\windows etc etc.
dll could not be loaded.

I haven't a clue on what to do. It has affected some pages on AOL and my son cannot load his PSP.

CAn anyone advise me on what to do?

Sorry to be a bit naive

Thank you

Babsy

brundle 22:14 17 Mar 2008

Remove and re-install Net Framework. Find it in Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs, reboot after removal, install version 2. click here

You shouldn't need v1.1 again but if there is an application that demands it you can get that here; click here

There will be some service packs and updates for them from Microsoft too, they will be downloaded via Automatic Updates.

woodchip 22:19 17 Mar 2008

As above it is a bad install from MS Updates. Remove from Add Remove then reinstall

Babsy2222 21:27 18 Mar 2008

Thank you, thank you!! Brundle and Woodchip

This seems to have solved the problem.

I am most grateful

(Time to learn more about my PC I think!)

woodchip 21:42 18 Mar 2008

Just a Suggestion, Turn off Auto Updates and do it Manually. As you can then Download just a few at a time as I think that doing them all together can create lots of problems and havoc with windows

Babsy2222 06:38 19 Mar 2008

Stupid question I know - where do I go and how do I turn off auto updates?

(once I'm shown it stays with me for life!)

brundle 06:43 19 Mar 2008

I wouldn't advocate disabling auto updates if you use XP - your problem wasn't specifically caused by it anyway. I am more cautious with Vista updates as there have been more than a few problems with `driver` updates breaking things and the odd error by Microsoft...

Babsy2222 06:45 19 Mar 2008

I've found where to access auto updates and have left it on automatic as I use XP.

thanks for all your help

Babsy
xx

woodchip 16:54 19 Mar 2008

It' in Control Panel under Security

woodchip 16:56 19 Mar 2008

If you disable it run the MS updates from Program List on the Desktop, May be in Start button list

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?