Help with Net Meter broadband usage

tardis100 07:32 25 Jul 2012

Hope I'm in the right Forum. I want to monitor my broadband usage and have just downloaded Net Meter but Help! I just cannot understand what it is doing. I'm not interested in speeds all I want to know is at the end of the day or session how much of my 10GB allowance I have used. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks.

lotvic 16:37 25 Jul 2012

There appears to be two programs with that name, one with a space (Net Meter) and a free one without space (NetMeter). Which one do you have?

I use Free ThinkBroadband's meter. Once set up with details it tells me how much of my monthly allowance I've used when I hover cursor over icon. Various alarms can be set to alert me and it gives a full log of daily, monthly usage etc. (though I have disabled the Automatic file sending testing feature)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:15 25 Jul 2012

NetMeter see here

Look in totals and reports for your uploads and downloads

You can set a warning for when you approach your limit

tardis100 22:21 25 Jul 2012

Thanks lotvic and Fruit Bat hadn't realised there were 2 with such similar names and I mustn't have the free one because I keep being asked to "buy" so I'm just about to delete Net Meter and look for NetMeter and also your suggestion lotvic. Sorry to seem 'absent' but it's been a busy day - now I'm back and will sort something out. Really appreciate the help. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?