Help with Nero please.

CHAIRLEG 21:51 12 May 2005

I have had a new DVD RW and it came with NERO OEM suite. I have updated with the recent 4 updates and now on the desktop is an icon to upgrade to the retail version [Buy now].Added stuff is Virus checking before burning/Cross fading option and Use of burners simultaneously.I dont use p2p and Idon't have two burners so would it be worth upgrading. Please advise.

Pooke100 21:56 12 May 2005

I use reloaded six, £40 to buy, it comes with a tonne of different things. I haven't used any!! I use nero express and burning ROM. Just stick with the OEM package. The only reason I got this was it was included in the deal I got from my local PC shop, I would not have bought it otherwise.

hth

jack 22:06 12 May 2005

IMHO Nero with V6 have gone OTT in complexity
I have abandoned it now for freeware like Drop to CD in a PCA cover disk or for DVD work CDBurner XP Pro3

CHAIRLEG 00:05 13 May 2005

Thanks for your help.I have got other burner software so will not upgrade.

DJ Supreme 00:19 13 May 2005

I use Ashampoo! Burner Software, Nero is good, but when i goto add files it crashed, it must take a heck of a lot of memory

phono 00:51 13 May 2005

I've been using Nero for some years now without problem, it's probably the easiest, most efficient, CD/DVD burning program that I have used.

What is your exact problem?

DJ Supreme 09:52 13 May 2005

What antivirus are you using, im taking a shot to nothing here, but is there a setting in your antivirus program which may be requested to scan files in Nero?

If so, untick it and try again

CHAIRLEG 00:26 14 May 2005

Hi phono. I don't have any problems with Nero,it was just a question of upgrading from oem to the retail version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017