Help needed on some Excel/VB/Forms Q's??

ShorN 15:21 22 Mar 2006

Hello,

Im looking for some guidance on some excel questions, with regards to forms and macros etc.

I am trying to create a spreadsheet that will consist of approx 8 columns for various data.

What I want to know is two things.
Can I possibly create a user form, which people can use to enter the rows of data, so it automatically enters into the spreadsheet.

I then, again and im not sure if this is possible, want to create a a macro that will take all the data from one row, and enter it into a preformatted printout.

For example, if a row contains "XX" in the first column, "XXX" inthe next column, and so on, when I press a generate button, it takes these cells and places it into a printable page, ie a word doc, maybe? and it is preformatted to state

- blah blah blah "XX" blah blah blah "XXX" -

Again, this might be stretching what excel can do and I apologise for the crude interpretation of what i want to achieve. If you need more clarification then please ask!

If anyone can give any guidance it would be greatly appreciated, I know Vog has come to my rescue many times before!!

(Also the reason that I need excel to do this as opposed to a decent database system is that resources are limited and excel is the only thing available.)

Thank in advance!

VoG II 15:43 22 Mar 2006

UserForms click here

click here

I'm not sure about the second question. Cant you just sort by the XX or XXX columns then print the selectionj you neede? I don't see where Word comes into it.

VoG II 15:45 22 Mar 2006

This is good click here

ShorN 11:03 23 Mar 2006

thanks for the reponses i shall take some time and go through those sites, the second post looks like it could be very useful.

I shall try and explain myself a bit better to clarify the second question.

Basically the data will hold information such as

Name, Age, Address, Contact details, Notes.

This then needs to be generated into a "report sheet" that can be printed off.
So if I have 10 rows of data, I need each individual row of data printed on a seperate sheet, so the idea is to have something generate this automatically.

Hope this makes it clearer, i shall report back with what I can use from those sites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?