Help needed to REMOVE bios password for dell

julius44 20:45 29 Dec 2009

Hello and good evening, i'm back again to the best I.T forum in the world. Urgent help is required

my sister has a Dell inspirion 4150 laptop, and she's not really great with laptops......she accidentally went into the BIOS menu options, and she put in a password accidentally.....now anytime she's logging into the laptop....at times she has to put in the BIOS password between 10-80 times before the laptop finally works!!!!!

I just wanted to find out if anyone can give me advice HOW REMOVE the bios password please.......as my sister wants it to work WITHOUT having to input a password anymore......as it can take ages to log in once the password is used. Once again I just wanted to clarify that there is ALREADY a bios password, but we just want it to work without a password.

I came across this link on youtube, but they are charging $55 dollars
click here

We get the SAME dell master password screen and my sister has to input the password between 10-80 times....BEFORE we can finally log into windows!!!!!

If anyone can definately help with this please kindly let me know.

Jules

GaT7 20:51 29 Dec 2009

This click here any help? G

julius44 08:49 30 Dec 2009

thanks for link crossbow, but my sisters laptop is a dell inspirion 4150....and it mentions that foe the inpiron range....it talks about the transfer of ownership,....
click here
and i think that this method would be very complicated...as the laptop was purchased from a shop 2nd hand.

Has anyone got any other suggestions pls??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:07 30 Dec 2009

Enter BIOS and delete password.
Save changes and exit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?