Help needed recovering emails and address books

Ant two 22:27 30 Jan 2010

Had a major system crash while uninstalling pctools internet security in order to upgrade to latest version which left me with a computer that wouldn't boot up in any mode. Repair console was not helpful either.
The long & the short of it is that I've put an old smaller hd in and set is as master, done a clean installation of Xp and done all the updates. I've now started to copy all my files from the old hd (set as slave and coming up as drive F). This doesn't leave enough space to reinstall the programs yet, that'll come later once I've got all I need from the F drive and formatted it.

At last I get to my problems!
1) I cannot locate my emails and address book from thunderbird. I've looked where it should be but have no application data folder. Does anyone know what the file extension should be for both emails and the address book?

2) I also use outlook 2007's calender & contacts. Does anyone know what file extensions these have?

Many thanks for taking the trouble to read all this!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:04 30 Jan 2010

Address books

The two default address books ("abook.mab" and "history.mab") can be copied directly from one profile folder to another. (This includes copying them from a Mozilla Suite profile or Netscape 7 profile to a Thunderbird profile.) Thunderbird will automatically recognize these address books when it starts up and you will be able to use them right away.

E-mails
click here

Outlook 2007
All the information held within a copy of Outlook is stored in the form of a .pst file.

Ant two 21:59 31 Jan 2010

Thanks guys. Think I've found them now, guess I'll find out for sure when I get the programs back on and running.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires