Help needed for Quicken 4 deluxe or Quicken 6

seismic123 10:07 15 Oct 2009

I need help of member who has working version of Quicken 4 UK Deluxe or Quicken 6 Deluxe.

I have some old backed up data created using Quicken 4 UK Deluxe and my original software will not reinstall due bad floppy disk and I need to access the archived data.

I am advised Quicken 6 Deluxe will be able to restore the backed up data to working files, then I can import into my working Quickbooks, but to import to quickbooks they have to be working files not backed up files.

Does anyone have an installed working copy of Quicken 4 UK Deluxe or Quicken 6, who could attempt to restore the back up files for me and then send me the working files, I can then try to import them into quickbooks.

Obviously Quicken will not help as they have stopped supporting these products in UK.

If you can help please respond via this forum or direct using [email protected]

TonyV 11:47 15 Oct 2009

I have a working copy of Quicken 2004. I'm pretty sure that will open earlier files and then save them as the updated version. I also think it will open the backup files produced by Quicken. (But I cannot be 100% sure on that point!)

Get in touch via the yellow envelope if I can be of use to you. I shall be out this afternoon till dinner time.

TonyV

TonyV 19:23 15 Oct 2009

Look at your e mail!

TonyV

TonyV 20:54 15 Oct 2009

Have sent another e mail to you. I've tried every which way, but no luck I'm afraid.

TonyV

woodchip 22:18 15 Oct 2009

Do not forget he most likely will need the Password to open them

TonyV 00:05 16 Oct 2009

Didn't think of that. Though may be if seismic123 was prepared to let me have the files he would have cleared the password anyway. (Silly comment that, thinking about it, he can't open them to remove the password!!). I have a Quicken 2000 disc that can be used to install a version of Quicken that would open the files. I await a response from seismic123.

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?