help needed for printing address labels

izzybex 00:44 09 Dec 2009

I spent hours setting up an address list but I cannot get it to print with all the different addresses. I set it up to fit my labels sheet, 16 labels per A4 sheet, with 16 different names and addresses. However when I print it, it comes out as 16 labels of only the first address. I tried edit drop down menu and clicked on select all, but it still does the same. I am using Windows vista, and set up a Microsoft Works word processor document. Please help a stressed pensioner, and in simple terms, please, please, please.

beeuuem 01:44 09 Dec 2009

How have you set up the address list - is it in am address book or just a Works file?

beeuuem 01:52 09 Dec 2009

This may be of help click here

tonyq 11:14 09 Dec 2009

izzybex,
I've found the following site very helpful(4 Videos)on trying to figure out "Mail Merge"
click here

izzybex 14:24 09 Dec 2009

Hi Beeeuuem, thanks for your advice. I've looked at site you suggested, but before I try, does this mean I shall have to create a whole new list? It is just a works file I created and I selected names from my windows mail address book. All the advice I'm given seems to say I need to do a mail merge. Thanks

izzybex 14:30 09 Dec 2009

Hi tonyq, thanks for your help. From your advice and anothers, it seems to appear I need to set up a new address list by using mail merge. Is this correct? if so i will try again this evening when i have no other distractions. thank you so much. both the sites i have been given look really helpful.

tonyq 16:41 09 Dec 2009

I set my names/addresses up in Excel,I think you could also use Access, Word? or your Contact List? for your name/addresses list. You can then import them into mail merge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?