help needed for new e commerce site

drdeath 23:47 06 Mar 2004

I have almost finished developing a mobile phone accessories e commerce website , although im happy with the content, im not happy with the header/banner, any ideas or suggestions to help me find or design a suitable one?? thanks in advance

Forum Editor 00:10 07 Mar 2004

of a problem. What is it exactly that you're finding difficult?

If you want your header to include a logo, and/or some fancy text you would do well to create the whole thing as a graphic - that way the font you use will appear in anyone's browser exactly as you designed it. If you don't do that the font will not display if a visitor doesn't have it installed on his/her machine.

You can use various applications to design logos and headers - PaintShop Pro is popular, as is my personal favourite, Ulead PhotoImpact - a much underrated application in my opinion.

Post back if you have specific difficulties, and we'll see what we can do to help.

drdeath 00:16 07 Mar 2004

thanks for your reply... i already have a cartoon phone logo i just want something simple, effective and proffesional looking, can i download a free version of paint shop??

drdeath 00:17 07 Mar 2004

mr forum editor please go to click here to see what i mean..kind regards

whatsupdoc 00:27 07 Mar 2004

i tried you link and it was dead on my machine.

good luck with the sight tho

drdeath 00:34 07 Mar 2004

sorry folks should be click here

Forum Editor 01:26 07 Mar 2004

if you
click here
When you've done that
click here
and find out how to use it.

None of your images appear to loading for me by the way, and there are numerous typos in your text.

One other point - as an online trader you are required to conform to the terms of the Distance selling regulations, and among other things you must by law provide:-

1. The full name of your business and, if you are a sole trader, your own name.

2. Business contact details including an e-mail address.

3. An address for your business that shows your actual geographic location e.g. make it clear that you are based in the UK so that your customers know that UK laws apply.

4. Your VAT registration number (if you are registered) must be clearly stated anywhere that you are showing prices on your site.

5. Prices on your site must clearly show any VAT and delivery elements.

tbh72 01:54 07 Mar 2004

click here is a very simple banner!!! Created using MS Photodraw. Bear in mind that the image is oversized and quite large taking aprox. 7 seconds on 56kbps

drdeath 14:00 07 Mar 2004

mr forum editor.. could you kindly point out the typos in text for me please?.

point 1. full name of business and my own name you say.. full name of business is on home page my own name???? please eloborate..

point2/ busines contact details including e mail address you say.. is again on home page. please elobarte.

point 3 will put full business address.

point 4/ vat no im not registered ???

point 5/ vat delivery elements??? p and p is explained on home page.
please reply with comments regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?