Help Needed in instruction of CDRW/DVD Combo

wicked willy 22:36 13 Nov 2003

Hi Everybody, please are there anybody who can either tell me where I can obtain instruction or tell me how to use a combo drive as I have looked around and cannot find how to copy to Disc or copy file to Disc as it is on the one drive. My son has come to me to try and find a solution on the subject. All answers will be gratefully received. TIA Bill

powerless 22:42 13 Nov 2003

Which burning software are you using and o/s?

wicked willy 22:46 13 Nov 2003

Hi Powerless I am using Nero and I think it is version5 running Wins 98 se

Rtus 22:49 13 Nov 2003

Click on the wizard Icon ( looks like 2 CD's )

hugh-265156 22:49 13 Nov 2003

using xp just drag any file from your desktop etc to the drive in my computer and when windows says you have files to be written,click the bubble,highlight the file and then click file/write these files to cd.

to copy a disc put it in the drive,open it and cut and paste the files on it to a folder.

or create an iso on your desktop or in a folder using this little plugin for xp click here and then when done write it to another disc.

most kinds of copies and burning in general are best done with nero or similar program click here

hugh-265156 22:50 13 Nov 2003

oops im too slow

click help/contents in nero and read.

powerless 22:53 13 Nov 2003

Ok.

To copy disc to disc (on the fly) you would need two (2) optical drives. Insert a CD-R into the CD-RW draw and the disc to be copied in the other drive.

Open nero, File, new, Copy CD (left and scroll down), Copy.

To copy a file(s), open nero, file, new, CD-ROM(ISO), New, On the right side choose all your files to be copied and right click and choose "Copy to compilation". Then, File, Write CD and Write.

There is more to it, multisession and finalizing. just ask or consult the help files.

Rtus 22:55 13 Nov 2003

To make the wizard auto start when you enter the program Go to help menu & tick the use Nero wizard ,You may find the New compilation window open first on launching nero close that and then chhose the help tab to set the wizard option...

wicked willy 22:57 13 Nov 2003

Thank you once again GENTLEMEN sorry about the Shouting but I would like to express me Thanks and that is the best way I could do.My son will be over the moon tomorrow when I see him and I am sure he will use this Forum and Pass the very good word around . Bill

Rtus 22:58 13 Nov 2003

Suggest Caution ,,Depending on Cpu & system loading .. In version 5 the on the fly can be awkward leading to coasters .I prefer to not to use on the fly option..Not quiet as quick but gets the job done..

powerless 23:01 13 Nov 2003

Combo drive me thinks no fly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?