Help needed in installing music downl. programs

bryndzovahaluska 22:58 04 Feb 2006

I already have the icons of two music download programs on my scree, but they both just open page and the actual process of download will not start because... It is not connected as I get it. What to do, I already deleted some firewall programs(Kaspersky, etc.), but the problem persists.

Kev.Ifty 00:08 05 Feb 2006

Hello pal..

What are you on-about Mate?

What are the names of the 'download' programs?

Are you referring to P2P/File sharing type stuff?

cheers Kev.

ade.h 14:09 05 Feb 2006

If this IS peer-to-peer file sharing or any other kind of illegal dowloading, please let us know, as it may affect how much advice we can give within the bounds of forum guidelines.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:51 05 Feb 2006

peer to peer file sharing is not illegal, downloading copyright material is.

G

ade.h 14:56 05 Feb 2006

Well, yes; absolutely right. But I suspect that such activity is by far the most common use of such software.

bremner 18:01 05 Feb 2006

"But I suspect that such activity is by far the most common use of such software".

I would guess at least 99%. I really do wonder why anyone would use one of these programs for legimate sharing.

Kev.Ifty 22:28 07 Feb 2006

Open Shaeaza. Click on the NETWORK tab. Then click Settings and under Internet, select Networks. Then put ticks in the boxes. Press apply..

See if that helps.

Kev.

Oh and dont be worried about asking questions in the Forum (ref. Your email). Just respect Copyright.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?