HELP NEEDED! Im a web design wannabee!!

kootchi78 02:28 01 Apr 2006

Hi Guys,

I have recently decided to look into web design (for something to get my teeth into!) however I have to admit I'm a complete novice when it comes to this area.

I was wondering if any of you talented people could give me some advice on where to start really? What basic steps should I take to embark on learning in this field, any online help, recommended reads etc?? Anything really would help me loads!

Kind regards,

A web design newbie xxx

Forum Editor 09:39 01 Apr 2006

there must be millions of people just like you at any given moment, and as a consequence you'll have no difficulty finding lots of tutorials online.

A first step is to get yourself some software, so you can practice, and I recommend either NetObjects Fusion or Microsoft FrontPage for starters.

Then use Google to search for tutorials - you'll be swamped with links. It will take a little while to see the wood for the trees, but you'll gradually begin to understand the jargon, and practice building your first site. It's a huge subject, and this isn't the place for a tutorial, but we can give you plenty of help with specific questions as they arise.

click here for plenty of information to get you started. Welcome the wonderful world of web design - good luck, and don't hesitate to ask here when you get stuck, no matter how elementary the problem might seem. We all know how confusing it seems when you're starting out.

PurplePenny 18:51 01 Apr 2006

... is a good place to start. It has interactive examples that let you change the code and see what happens. click here

spuds 19:39 01 Apr 2006

If you want to get on one of the first ladder rungs for a try-out of web design,then try Serif WebPlus 6.0 Website Design & Publishing. Its free to download and use from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?