help needed with a digi box........

Chronos 18:56 19 Apr 2004

had my daughter on the phone, she has a phillips digi box "ex ITV" model DTX6372 she has been told to put the box back to factory settings, because of a problem,, we do not know how.she has tried leaving it unplugged in the hope it might reset its self..no luck

any one out there who knows..

thanks

Pidder 19:20 19 Apr 2004

We have a Nokia. Just a guess, you may have to search through the TV channels to see what one the digibox is set for, while its on and connected, of course.

newts 19:23 19 Apr 2004

I have an old nokia box and re set this via the hand set menu. Does the phillips not have this?

Chronos 19:26 19 Apr 2004

hi, it all was ok then she got a top-upTV card been ok for a couple of weeks, now half the channels are missing, and doing a scan has not got them back, top-upTV told her to reset the box back to factory settings..........

Chronos 19:28 19 Apr 2004

if it has she has not mentioned it, when she gets back in i will ring her, who would have kids?

thanks

sicknote 19:31 19 Apr 2004

Is this any help click here

sicknote 19:42 19 Apr 2004

More info

click here

spuds 19:48 19 Apr 2004

You could try this forum click here

SEASHANTY 20:28 19 Apr 2004

Most of the freeview digital set top boxes have a
menu setup accessed by pressing the memory button.
This probably has an option to "restore to factory
settings". Has she not checked this possibility?

Chronos 20:28 19 Apr 2004

thank you all for the help, the link to the website held the answer..what would we all do without you....

SEASHANTY 20:30 19 Apr 2004

Yuks! The button will probably be labelled "setup" or "menu" NOT memory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?