Help needed for belkin wireless adapter

Tomdude182 11:49 27 Apr 2008

Hey, got a question which is driving me crazy. I just can't get my wireless adapter to work.
I have installed the software of the belkin wireless g usb network adapter, and i go and put the adapter in a USB socket. It comes up new hardware found and tries to install it. It looks promising until the end where is says it cannot install it as there was an error and somthing about code 10?? what am i doing wrong?
i have followed the instructions word for word and I still keep getting this message.
Any help would be much appreciated =)

Tom

slimk 18:45 27 Apr 2008

Hi Tomdude,
Try uninstalling the drivers. Clear all remnants manually. When you reinstall be sure to close all other windows and any programs that don't need to be running. Follow the directions and plug in the USB when asked.
If this fails, groan inwardly and maybe clench your fist. When you've done this look on the back of your adaptor for the model number (mine's a F5D7050).Google 'Belkin driver adaptor 'model number'. This will take you to Belkin's drivers page. Download the driver from the site and try again. Good luck!

hairymonster100 16:39 28 Apr 2008

alternatively, ignore the instructions and do things in reverse order (plug in the wireless adapter then insert the disc) or just insert the adapter and let windows configure it for you. I've known Belkin instructions to be totally wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?