Help needed with AHCI !!!

ykzn 10:16 10 Sep 2006

Hi all!

Now I really am in need of help with this matter.

My motherboard is an ASUS P5LD2 with a BIOS of 0809.

The chipset is i945P(northbridge) & ICH7R(southbridge).

I recently installed a SATA 3Gb/s with NCQ.

In the manual it states that ther is a function in the BIOS setting called AHCI. This function would enable it to reorder commands and hence improve performance(NCQ).

In the manual, there are these 2 websites:
click here

&
click here.

(please check them out)

There you can see that it states that Intel Matrix Storage Manager software is needed for the AHCI function to be enabled.

So, I downloaded that software and tried to install it to my new boot SATA HDD.

But to my surprise, an error box saying "your system doesn't have the minimum requirements. setup will now exist"

About the system requirements, you can read here : click here

I checked every requirement and my system has them all. I tried to change the AHCI setting in BIOS and the windows will not boot, with a blue screen coming up after the win xp logo with the blue scrolling bar.

So, can anyone help me out with this?

I'd really appreciate all suggestions and helps.

Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:24 10 Sep 2006

ACHI Specs
click here

Note: Enabling AHCI mode in BIOS may cause problems with any already installed Operating System, and may require re-installing the OS. Microsoft Windows requires a separate driver diskette for installation on AHCI-enabled disks, using the F6 Installation method. Failure to do so will spawn a 0x7B BSOD STOP error. Switching to AHCI requires installing new drivers before changing BIOS settings. Some later versions of Windows XP Service Pack 2 include limited AHCI/SATA support

ykzn 11:34 10 Sep 2006

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\!

Can you tell me where I can get the drivers needed to be installed before OS installation?

Can you also please tell me how to do the procedure?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:34 10 Sep 2006

Not sure if you can use the "F6" driver install during a repair of windows
Repair XP
click here

ykzn 11:38 10 Sep 2006

So, which "new" drivers do I have to use?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:42 10 Sep 2006

drivers click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:43 10 Sep 2006

Note ACHI included in the raid drivers.

ykzn 11:47 10 Sep 2006

So, do i have to make a bottable floppy disk with the driver?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:41 10 Sep 2006

No

boot from XP CD to install windows and have floppy in drive and at the prompt press F6 windows will look for the .inf file on the floppyand install the raid drivers.

ykzn 09:47 11 Sep 2006

ok, yesterday I tried to repair windows xp and did the F6 install with the floppy using the intel's floppy utility.

But when I was prompted to choose the suitable driver from the list, I saw only ICH8R drivers which is not my chipset's driver since my chipset is ICH7R. Anyway, I chose that driver since I don't have any other choice.

After the install, I checked in my device manager of windows and found nothing. I tried to change my BIOS settings but cannot. So, this means my AHCI drivers are NOT installed.

Whew.....

Ok, please can anyone tell me what is wrong???

All suggestions are appreciated and Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?