help needed

redrobin12 04:30 12 Feb 2010

hey i need some help. ive asked quiet a few people and no one has given me the right answer.
i was given a second hand dell laptop. but when i looked at it .it did not have the cd/dvd rom drive in it. although one was included in the bag. my quiestion is how easy is it to insert the drive into the laptop.do i have to pull the laptop apart to put in it .or do i need a computor guru to do it.? i need some diagrams as well . so it can bu done right. hope someone can help me !!! i am a computor novice and dont know much about laptops.!!! cheers dj

tes 07:39 12 Feb 2010

Go to the Dell websight & download the instruction manual it will tell you all you need to know

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:36 12 Feb 2010

Usually just push into the drive bay until clicks into place (machine switched off of course), to remove there is a little catch to release an it can then be pulled out.

The drive bay can also be used for other equipment this is probably why the drive was loose in the bag.

Cannt give ou further info without the model number.

MAJ 11:01 12 Feb 2010

Additionally, there's a fair chance that the drive is also secured by one or two small screws accessed, usually, via the bottom of the laptop, they might even be located under a removable 'hatch', itself secured by a few small screws.

lotvic 18:14 12 Feb 2010

Download the manual from Dell click here
it will give you full pic guide and howto's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?