help needed

pauliney 13:25 18 Oct 2009

got no broadband got tag on phoneline trying to sort out(yea right going to need you guys soon ) at the moment so using vodaphone dongle keeps rolling back after loading on toshiba laptop get right to the last bit ok on desktop pc my tosiba is about 6 years old thanks for any help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:44 18 Oct 2009

Your thread makes no sense whatsoever, please state exactly what your problem is, no broadband due to phone line fault?

All I could work out is you are using a Vodaphone dongle on a 6 year old Toshiba desktop, therfore I assume you're using XP?

pauliney 12:22 20 Oct 2009

hi yes trying to use vodaphone dongle on laptop will not load up xp

in the mean I am trying to get back broadband on a landline (bt have said there is a tag on my new address phoneline so they said it has to be remove before I can receive there bt hub

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:10 20 Oct 2009

Boot the laptop with the dongle removed do not insert the dongle until XP is fully booted.

Will it boot without the dongle?

pauliney 17:25 20 Oct 2009

hi sorry my error laptop loads ok my ? is the dongle that won't run on laptop xp starts to load then rolls back
the dongle works ok its on my desktop(vista)but I want it on laptop thanks for reply

lotvic 19:22 20 Oct 2009

This will happen if your XP is SP1

You need at least XP SP2 (SP3 is better)

pauliney 07:49 21 Oct 2009

thanks got sp2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?