Help needed

  Vindaloo 12:39 07 Oct 2006

Hi i have a problem with my windows on my desktop.
Everytime i move the window box around the desktop it gives a wave effect,and when i have to scroll up or down this seems even worse.This has only happened since i have done a reinstal of my operating system.

  ACOLYTE 13:15 07 Oct 2006

Try updating your graffix driver's,and setting the screen refresh rate to minimum 75Hertz and the desktop to 1024x768,if your monitor supports that refresh and size it should be ok.

  Legolas 13:26 07 Oct 2006

This happens because after you reinstalled you did not install you graphic drivers if they are onboard graphics they will be on your motherboard cd if it is a graphics card they will be on the cd that came with it. If you dont have the cd roms then find out what motherboard or graphics card you have and you can download them from the appropiate manufacturers web site

  Vindaloo 11:46 08 Oct 2006

Thanks again for all your help,i have copied the drivers to a disk so i will not lose them.

  Totally-braindead 12:13 08 Oct 2006

No offence meant Vindaloo but next time you post could you please use a better title than help needed, in this case something like graphics problem or wavy lines on windows desktop or whatever. It just helps those looking through the threads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone