HELP! My (Potential) First Build...

WarriorShotz 20:19 01 Jun 2017

Hello to everyone, i just signed up here. Im looking to build my first gaming PC and just need some help/advice on the components ive already selected. Basically i would just like to know if everything will work well together etc

My list of parts im looking to get are as follows...

Red/Black NZXT H440 Case Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K4 Motherboard intel i7 7700K chip Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz 16GB (2x8GB) MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 GAMING Graphichs Card 2GB Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD Corsair AX1200i 1200W Modular Power Supply 80 Plus Platinum

Thats as far as i have got so far.

Advice on changing any of the above or suggestions etc that you may have is greatly appreciated,

Old Deuteronomy 20:44 01 Jun 2017

A few things of note. You don't need a 1200 Watt PSU, half that will be more than enough. There is little benefit from using a Core i7 rather than a Core i5 CPU for gaming as most games do not make good use of the ability to run more than 4 threads. The money you save with those 2 changes could be used to buy a much better graphics card, which will be far more useful for improving performance in games than a Core i7.

qwbos 23:40 01 Jun 2017

I've found click here useful for a couple of builds.

Archonar 09:00 02 Jun 2017

A big second to what old deuteronomy has said, you are throwing away money on an i7 and 1200W power suppy, and an i7 is wasted on a gtx 1050. With the money you save you can get a 1060 or 1070 and you will be able to play games at ultra rather than medium / high.

q33ny 20:36 03 Jun 2017

Try this

This should give you an idea if not the exact PSU wattage that you need.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires