[Help] My Pipex Broadband

Entemol 21:43 09 May 2007

Well here it is. I have had many issues with pipex since I joined with them and it just gets worse and worse. I left Tiscali to go with Pipex in Febuary this year. At first it was good, great speed and connection was fine, then I suddenly get slow speeds and intermittent connections. The worst time was between 6pm and 11pm and I then was told when I called them that I had been put onto their Fair Usage Policy and usage was restricted. It was also pointed out that I hadnt broken the FUP and they had made a mistake and would rectify this. I must have spent a small fortune on calls to them and it is beyond rediculous. I only use the internet for online gaming and my game is nearly unplayable due to my connection and speed. They tell me that I cant get a technical cancellation on my account as they are working on the issue, yet this has gone on for over 2 months now and if I leave them they will charge me for breaking the contract.

Anyway, if anyone can suggest anything to do as all I want to do is leave them and get another provider asap I would very much appreciate it.

donki 21:52 09 May 2007

I just got a bill saying that I hadnt been charged for my BB from Christmas, so they have billed me for £120. I didnt even notice that I hadnt been charged, just shows the sloppy service they are providing. I tryed leving them at christmas as I wasnt imprested and said I wanted my MAC code to migrate. When asking for this I got quickly transfered to someone who basically said they would better any contract id seen. So Im currently on 8meg service, unlimited download for £15.99/Month. I will not be continuing my contract when my year is up, no matter what they offer me.

Dipso 21:55 09 May 2007

Try the Ofcom website for advice click here

Diversion 22:38 09 May 2007

Pipex are still trying to charge me for the internet connection, and I haven't been with them for about ten months. I too had problems with their broadband connection and told them that they hadn't fulfilled their part of the contract and that I was going with Talk-Talk, I must admit it's the best move that I ever made. They sent me a letter just this week telling me that they had put a bar on our outgoing phone calls until the direct debit was re-activated at our bank, I had the pleasure of phoning them up from my home phone and asking them what the letter was about. Pointing out that I was phoning them up from the telephone number that they had put the bar on, I asked them if that fact told them anything about which company I was with. I also asked them if they could provide a list of recent phone calls, as my daughter was abroad and that we were calling her daily from a phone that had outgoing calls barred according to their letter. They told me they'll get back to me on that, just to be sure that they got the message that I'm not with Pipex I sent them an email too. I haven't heard from them as yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone