Help my PC is saying no signal to PC

MattyB598 20:01 05 Jun 2017

My pc is turning on. It comes up starting windows with the flashing windows symbol (windows 7) but when that is finished the monitor cuts off but the PC is till running as I can hear the start up sound when it gets to the desktop. Please help. Matt

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:36 05 Jun 2017

Tap f8 as it power on

select safemode with netwoking from the menu

boot into windows go into device manager and unistall the graphics driver.

reboot and windows should find and reinstall the driver and then all should be well.

MattyB598 20:58 05 Jun 2017

Hey thanks for your comment but when the driver reinstalled and the PC restarted the same thing happened. It came up no signal from PC. Any ideas on why its doing that

difarn 21:23 05 Jun 2017

I'm wondering if it is happening because the adapter is set to a refresh rate/resolution that the monitor cannot handle. Have a look at the post from 'Anonymous' in this article.

click here

MattyB598 21:55 05 Jun 2017

Thanks dude that article you posted solved my problem. Thank you :)

difarn 12:31 06 Jun 2017

Good news.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros