Help My IE Address Bar Has Vanished

gcs_uk 18:56 02 Oct 2003

I am running IE6 on XP and my address bar has vanished. My wife has installed hotbar which allows all sort of fancy email attachments and sounds and I just know that this is responsible, funny thing though is on my wife and sons account they still have the address bar.

Just ran adaware and guess what, hotbar comes up time and time again in the spyware list - what a surprise.

So how can I get my address bar back and uninstally hotbar.

VoG II 18:58 02 Oct 2003

Check in View/Toolbars thad Address bar is ticked.

gcs_uk 19:32 02 Oct 2003

Yep it is

MjM Hellfire 19:34 02 Oct 2003

Try this -

click here

Those sort of spyware programmes (browsers) will slow down your internet browsing, by diverting you to via another search engine...get rid of them, they are useless.

gcs_uk 19:38 02 Oct 2003

Thanks for the info on removing hotbat.

I have now resolved the problem with my address bar not quite sure how but here is what I did.

I noticed that on the right side of the IE window on the same line that you have all your IE buttons there was the word "address" in a dotted box, the word was not highlighted.

I clicked on the word - not sure if I used the left or right mouse button, this then opened a small address bar, i clicked on the address bar and then dragged it to the left and hey presto my address bar was back in business.

I lost all my IE buttons but just clicking on
View - Toolbars - Standard Buttons rectified this.

Thanks for all your help.

MjM Hellfire 19:39 02 Oct 2003

After download is complete, locate the file "HbuUinst.exe." double-click it to start the uninstall process and follow the on-screen instructions. After the uninstall process is complete, you can safely delete the HbUninst.exe file.

I can send you the file via e-mail if you want...just send me a message and I will forward the utility.

MAJ 19:41 02 Oct 2003

It's probably got dragged up or down to the next toolbar gcs_uk, right click on the toolbars and untick "Lock the Toolbars" look for the word "Address" or two little arrows on the toolbar above or below where your Address bar was. If you see it drag it out while holding down the left-click button on your mouse. If you get it back, right click on the toolbars and tick "Lock the Toolbars"

MAJ 19:42 02 Oct 2003

Too slow again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?