Help. My Google maps is playing up

john bunyan 21:51 08 Aug 2014
Answered

Today, when I try to use the "little yellow man" in google maps, a site launches : ame.avira.com (NOT ames.avira.com. ) A/v :Free Avira. IE 11, W7 Running Malawarebytes now

john bunyan 21:56 08 Aug 2014

Malawarebytes - no problem found. Switched off Avira - problem remains. Will try ADWcleaner

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:10 08 Aug 2014

Seems to be part of Avira

Site click here Owner SOFTLAYER-AMS-4-3 Domain avira.com Nameserver ns9.avira-ns.net IP address 159.253.157.146 DNS admin [email protected] IPv6 address Not Present Reverse DNS 159.253.157.146-static.reverse.softlayer.com Domain registrar unknown Nameserver organisation unknown Organisation unknown Hosting company IBM Top Level Domain Commercial entities (.com) DNS Security Extensions unknown Hosting country NL Hosting History

Netblock owner
SoftLayer Technologies Inc. 1950 N Stemmons Freeway Dallas TX US 75207 IP address 159.253.157.146 OS unknown Web server Apache-Coyote/1.1 Last seen 8-Aug-2014

1: http://ame.avira.com Netblock

john bunyan 22:20 08 Aug 2014

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

Thanks. I ran ADWCleaner; Avira did not like or trust the download! Nevertheless it removed the Ask toolbar. I don't like it but Avira (Free) uses it to add their real tine protection on the web. Runnin without it meant the street view worked. I mar try reinstalling tomorrow. I am trying Avast on my desktop - had to remove that one's real time web protection as it stopped my I Cloud! Ran Avira with web protection for some time with no problem so I may try a system restore tomorrow...

john bunyan 09:57 09 Aug 2014

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

Curiously, when I clicked on your first link, I got Brumas's "Tram" shot??

Running a desktop with Avast and laptop with Avira each without live web monitoring as the Avast stopped my iCloud and the Avira (Ask) stopped my Google maps "manikin" . What to do?

rdave13 10:50 09 Aug 2014
Answer

john bunyan , on the PC that's running Malwarebytes pro you have web protection. If you open Malwarbytes, select settings then 'Detection and Protection' you should see that Malicious Website Protection button is dotted.

I get the same results in Fruit Bat /\0/\ 's links.

john bunyan 11:06 09 Aug 2014

rdave13

Thanks again for your input; maybe that is the way to go - ie get a "life" licence for the MBAM pro for each PC. A pity that both Avast and Avira seem to throw up problems with their own web protection but as they are free , I suppose "beggars can't be choosers"!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?