HELP!! my display has gone loopy!!

willymagic 19:57 01 Feb 2006

hi can anyone please help me, i turned my computer on first thing this morning and im getting weird black lines all over my screen from start up, i can still click on the internet etc. but the screen has blocks of black lines all over, take a look here to see what i mean.. click here i have tried system restore but still no joy, it is driving me crazy, if anyone has any idea how i could fix this then that would be great!

many thanks. will

stalion 19:58 01 Feb 2006

try re-seating your graphics card incase it's worked loose

willymagic 20:43 01 Feb 2006

many thanks stalion.. will try that now. cheers

Mytob 23:27 01 Feb 2006

my mom has been getting the same prob with a rm laptop. a restart seems to cure the prob but it ocasionaly comes back again. what causes it i have no idea and would be nice to no!

willymagic 07:52 02 Feb 2006

hey thanks for that, nice to know im not the only one! restart doesnt seem to cure it for me though as it stays the same! :( cheers

Mytob 20:16 03 Feb 2006

u got a spare crp monitor or can u get hold of one for a time m8? if so try with that and see what happens. if its a lcd they arent that reliable at the moment dew to it still being relativly new technology. you only get 1 year garantee from the leading manifacturesr so it jus shows dont it! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?