help with medion pda

lelole 14:39 03 Feb 2004

I have had a medion pda for a while, and altho basic, I have been happy with it....except for one big problem. Every now and then and getting more frequent, when I put it in the cradle to sync, nothing happens and then windows (XP) tells me that the device has malfunctioned and not recognised and leads me through a troubleshooter which doesn't help.

Unplugging the cradle and rebooting the computer and/or the pda doesn't help, and the only thing so far I have found to help is to remove activesync completely and reboot, and then install from the start, even then sometimes it won't register the pda on setting up and I have to remove program and start again.

When I look in device manager and find the pda, it is highlighted as unknown device with a yellow ? This leads me to think it may be the drivers but to be honest I'm not sure.

I have spoken to the medion helpline, and they weren't much help. He began by blaming windows until I told him that didn't matter to me because the PC was medion and the problem had been there from the start, we re- set the pda but it made no difference.

He told me to download the updated version of activesync, which I will do in a moment, but when I asked him about the possibility of corrupted drivers, he was a bit vague, and to be honest I don't think he knew what he was talking about.

So, I thought I would ask for help on here as I know you guys know what to do!! At least then if I go back to him, I will be in a position of knowledge...

Thanks in advance...

Leah

ton 15:45 03 Feb 2004

I use a small freeware prog. called ActiveSync Toggle. With this you only load ActiveSync when you need it, not at every boot, then you can unload it when you've used it.
I wondered if it might cure your problem by loading ActiveSyc after the bootup.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?