Help me re format my computer

musichead 13:14 27 Jan 2004

Please could u help me to re formate my comp,Its a Dell dimension 2350 i have a windows xp reinstallation disc that came with it but it does'nt say anything about doing it when i put it in, i've never tried anything like this before but im told i need to do it to correct my computer,Please could you tell me the easiest way to do it! Thanks to anyone that can help

Jester2K 13:16 27 Jan 2004

Why not tell us whats wrong instead and see if we can fix it?

Lozzy 13:24 27 Jan 2004

Insert the Dell Re-installation CD and when prompted during Boot "Press any key to boot from CD" press enter..

Make sure in your BIOS that your boot sequence is set to 1st boot CD Rom 2nd Boot Floppy 3rd Boot Hard Drive.. When you first power up press F2 to get into the Bios..

musichead 13:26 27 Jan 2004

ive tried a program called secureclan 4 which is supposed to clean deleted files off my computer which i've already deleted,i've used it before and it found 3g of space but its not working this time, so i need to re formate or find a program that will clean my hard drive

musichead 13:27 27 Jan 2004

ok i try that thanks lozzy

musichead 13:35 27 Jan 2004

Re Help me re format my computer Please could you give me more detailed info on what i should do once i put in the disk i be very gratefull of your help

Jester2K 13:39 27 Jan 2004

Reformatting is a bit extreme.

What are you trying to clean up? Deleted files?

How did a program "find" 3 Gig of space by deleting "deleted files". Deleted Files don't take up any space. What do you mean its not working any more? What does / doesn't happen then?

musichead 13:41 27 Jan 2004

yes i can do the bios bit lozzy

smegs 13:48 27 Jan 2004

Jester2K, musichead doesn't seem to want to answer U. Musichead, put the XP disk in the drive and reboot Ur PC. It should come up with something like Press any key to boot from CD. When U have booted from CD, U will get a menu asking U what U want to do. U want Format and a Clean install. Make sure U have all the drivers disks.
click here

musichead 13:51 27 Jan 2004

thanks smegg

Lozzy 13:52 27 Jan 2004

Alter your BIOS Boot Sequence to First Boot CD Rom..

Then, re start the PC with the Re-installation CD in the rom you will get a black screen with the verbaige, "Press any Key to Boot from CD" whrn you see that press Enter.. Then just follow the on screen wizard..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?