Help Me Please Before I Put An Axe Through The PC

Akidma 11:58 08 May 2007

Please, is there anyone who can explain to me why this problem keeps occuring and in laymans terms what I can do to stop it?
When I access the internet and click a web site, I get a box from Microsoft Internet Explorer indicatiing that they have 'encountered a problem' and they must shut down, which they do!
This happens virtually everytime I go on line and I hate them for having so much control of my life. Its so annoying and I feel sure there is just something simple I can do to get them out of my life.Please let me know if you know, at
[email protected]
If I don't stop this problem soon I may put an axe through the p c because its useless as it is.
Thanks

johnnyrocker 12:01 08 May 2007

you have a virus, what av do you have?, if using xp disable system restore first then run a full virus scan and prob should go.

johnny.

MAJ 12:02 08 May 2007

First try Firefox click here see if you still get problems. You don't say which operating system or version of IE you're using. And don't put your email address on the web, no one here will email you an answer, that's what the forum is for.

yaesu 12:17 08 May 2007

Hi, I use ie7 without problems now. "need to close" box was a problem but a removal and re-install from a fresh download provided a cure. It seldom happens now. It's also necessary to follow the installation instructions accurately!
There's some info here which might help. click here
I use xp home sp2 fully patched and Kaspersky internet security along with most of the other virus/spyware scanners.
Regards, yaesu

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:38 08 May 2007

Repair Internet Explorer explanation
click here

In XP tpye sfc /scannow in run box with XP CD in drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone