Help me please

cunfuzd 19:40 16 Oct 2006

I cannot get my floppy disk to work. I have been using it for months now, but today i tried to use it and a message comes up saying "the disk in drive A is not formatted, Do you want to format it now?" What should i do? If i click yes, format now- will everything erase?

Please Help!

Technotiger 19:41 16 Oct 2006

Hi, do not format if you have data on it which you want to keep.

Halmer 19:41 16 Oct 2006

If you format it you will lose the info.

Have you got another PC you could try it on?

cunfuzd 19:43 16 Oct 2006

Im in the computer lab at school right now, I asked my friend beside me to try it on hers, but the same message comes up. It is so strange, I was using the floppy this morning, and it worked perfectly.

Any advice?

Technotiger 19:43 16 Oct 2006

Hi again - I just did that quickly in case you might have had your finger on the format button!!
Have you tried a different disk in the drive to see if you get the same message?

Technotiger 19:44 16 Oct 2006

Hi again - I just did that quickly in case you might have had your finger on the format button!!
Have you tried a different disk in the drive to see if you get the same message?

cunfuzd 19:45 16 Oct 2006

Thx for the advice, I just tried my friends disk, and hers worked just fine... I dont know what to do- I don't want to loose all of that info :(

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:47 16 Oct 2006

Use Floppy recovery click here
to get your files off the disk.

then reformat it and it should be usable again.

Technotiger 19:48 16 Oct 2006

If you have been using the floppy with the write-protect off, it might have become corrupted.

cunfuzd 19:54 16 Oct 2006

Ok, so i went to that website, downloaded the program, scanned the disk- but I have to buy the full version to recover my files????

Technotiger 19:57 16 Oct 2006

Plenty of free floppy recovery tools here ...

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017