HELP ME i'm lost

arabian goggles 19:02 29 Dec 2006

Can you please help me?

I've recentley bought a Packard Bell 2770 and have signed up fof sky broadband. The nice man at sky asked me if my PC was wireless enabled and i have no idea. I've looked through all the gumpf that came with the PC and i see no mention of wireless anythings????
Is this PC wireless enabled??
and if not what do i need to do???

Cheers

anskyber 19:03 29 Dec 2006

We can start with the make and model please.

anskyber 19:04 29 Dec 2006

Sorry ignore that I've seen it now, new specs required!

anskyber 19:13 29 Dec 2006

Well thats a pretty high spec machine for the money so well done. It should last a long time.

It's a tower machine so unlike a laptop which is usually wireless enabled for obvious reasons it is not specifically wireless enabled.

It has got a LAN inboard which usually means there is an Ethernet connection at the back which permits a network to be set up. The wireless boxes normally supplied require or prefer the Ethernet link for the wireless modem to work. In effect the tower connection is wired unless you connect a wireless adaptor to the Ethernet.

If I have got this right say no wireless adaptor to him but say there is Ethernet. (do check your instructions first re Ethernet)

arabian goggles 19:47 29 Dec 2006

Cheers

bof:) 15:06 30 Dec 2006

hi arabian goggles, download and run a free program called, BELARC. when you run it, you will get a list of everything on and inside your pc.

click here

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone