Help Me Find My W.M.A.11 In Vista Please?

Big L 266 14:33 16 Dec 2009

Hello.

I realise I'm sometimes not the brightest bulb in ceiling,but I can't find my WMA11player anywhere in the computer.

I've looked in all the usual places,including the Windows Media Centre,but its not there.I've also looked through all my programmes but its not amongst them either. I need to find it and transfer all my music files to it so I can run my tunes through the new wi-fi Pure Evoke Flow I bought last week.

I've never had to use it before now as my music is always run through Creative and/or RealPlayer software but for which the wi-fi radio doesn't support.Hence the transfer of it all into Windows Media Player 11.

The computer is fine. Everything functions normally. There are no bugs etc etc....it just seems to not be there even though I know it is!(I tried to download it from Microsoft but the message said I had a newer version than the one I was trying to download.)

Please can you help this rather annoyed and irritated person find it and get it up and running!

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Big L 266

ventanas 14:38 16 Dec 2009

Type media player into the search bar at the bottom of the start menu. It will show in the list that appears

ventanas 14:41 16 Dec 2009

If that doesn't work it in "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe

Big L 266 14:44 16 Dec 2009

Hello there.

Thank you for your help.

I typed this in but all it shows is the Windows Media Centre and Creative but not Windows Media Player 11.

Its a real mystery to me.

Big L 266

Big L 266 14:50 16 Dec 2009

Hello.

I did the C:\Program File etc and found it there.I've copied and pasted the icon to the desktop and its loading my collection as we speak!

A really big thank you for informing me how to solve a problem that I ought to have been able to do for myself.

Thank you so very much. Now I can change the settings and get a music mix to run on my wi-fi radio!

All the very best for this rather 'dim bulb'!

Big L 266

ventanas 14:53 16 Dec 2009

It must be in Program Files, unless somethings got rid of it.
It should also appear as a shortcut in the Start menu.
If neither then, yes it is a mystery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?