Help me build a gaming PC

DaveWillis 18:49 09 Nov 2014

Hi guys Can anyone out there assist me in connecting everything together inside my sons new gaming PC please?

Everything is sitting there waiting to be connected but unfortunately there was no instruction manual with the new tower , psu, or motherboard.

Please can anyone out there help me? My psu is a G7 power extreme 780 watt and the tower is a Z11 plus from Zalman. My motherboard is Asus M5A78L-M LE

I owe you big time if u can solve this for me , cheers

David

onthelimit1 18:59 09 Nov 2014

Manual on line here.

spuds 19:00 09 Nov 2014

What I would suggest that you do, is have a look at a few YouTube video's on computer building and assembly. By doing so, it will give you an insight of what you are taking on, and how to do things from the beginning.

Trying to explain in a technical helproom, might become confusing, especially if things do not seem correct.

Then when you have done that, any problems might be easily explained, if you get stuck.

rdave13 19:12 09 Nov 2014

You Tube hints. Check out the other videos on the right as well. It will give you an idea.

DaveWillis 05:06 10 Nov 2014

Cheers for the help guys. The PC is now all connected.

How can I connect my fans so they all work? There is only one input on my motherboard, and none of the psu outputs are compatible. Again any help is appreciated

onthelimit1 08:51 10 Nov 2014

you can buy adaptors from (say) Maplins to convert the PSU outputs to ones suitable for the fans.

spuds 09:31 10 Nov 2014

Maplins is no longer a cheap place to obtain items from, except those on promotional offer. Perhaps have a look on Amazon, eBay might be a better choice.

I buy most of my gear from those two sources, in fact ordered a dvd disc drive from Dabs via eBay on Thursday, it arrived next day. The same item from elsewhere was much dearer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie