Help with Maxblast/Acronis Bootable Cd

Roadgiant 23:49 02 Oct 2008

I want to format and reinstall XP, I have decided that it was about time I started to use backup software for obvious reasons and for future reinstalations.
I have 2 external drives so space isn't an issue,
I have downloaded Maxblast 5 (which I believe is a free cut-down version of Acronis 10). I have with no problem created a disc image on one of my external drives.
Next step is to create a bootable CD which is where I seem to be having problems, I used the bootable media creator as supplied with Maxblast and created a CD, if I then reboot I get the option to start windows or start Maxblast, on selecting the Maxblast option it then gives me a blank screen with the message "loading please wait...." I have sat waiting(patiently) for 10-15 minutes with no progress, there is obviously mouse/usb support as there is a cursor on screen which I can move with my mouse.
There appears to no activity on the hard drive and eventually I give up waiting and do a reboot into windows.
At the moment I have a fully working system, but would be happier if I could create a bootable CD before I start the format/reinstall.Op System is XP
Thanks in advance RG

woodchip 23:54 02 Oct 2008

Do not use MaxBlast as it will mess up your Partition. This is not Acronis, Acronis may be there but Maxblast is not it

Roadgiant 00:05 03 Oct 2008

Thanks for that advice, I'll take your word for it and I am about to download the 15 day trial version of Acronis with the intention of purchasing it providing it works ok for me.
RG

woodchip 12:21 03 Oct 2008

With Acronis I just choose Backup then create a Full Backup Image. Not incremental, I do that separate from Acronis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?