help with makeing a data dvd

Rocker 21:16 08 Jan 2008

hi all. im trying to make a data dvd useing nero 7. when the dvd is created it will only work on the pc i made it on. when trying in my laptop the disc dont show any files its as if it a blank dvd. can a data dvd be used on any pc as it says it does on the nero software. meny thanks

skidzy 21:26 08 Jan 2008
  Rocker 21:38 08 Jan 2008

thanks for that skidzy but thats what im doing but for some reson on my laptop and my sons pc it shows as a empty disc but my pc it shows the files thats on the dvd.

MAJ 21:42 08 Jan 2008

That might happen with a dvdrw are you using a dvdrw or a dvdr?

skidzy 21:45 08 Jan 2008

From my own experience with dvd-rw's and i think MAJ could be thinking the same here,dvd-rw's have caused me plenty of problems in the past,now i stick to Verbatim dvd-r.

Hi Maj :-))

MAJ 21:51 08 Jan 2008

Hi skidzy.

I never use RW media, problems do occur with them, DVDRs are cheap enough not to have to.

Jim_F 21:51 08 Jan 2008

Some OS's don't read the newer format options (eg UDF)or disks that are not yet closed.

So you'd need to identify:

1) Target (laptop) OS
2) Nero format chosen (ISO, UDF, UDF/ISO or packet writing - where you format the disk first)
3) Whether the disk is closed or further sessions can be added.

Most compatible is ISO and closed session

MAJ 21:52 08 Jan 2008

MAJ 21:55 08 Jan 2008

LOL What happened there? (Whistles the Twilight Zone theme)

MAJ 21:58 08 Jan 2008

Rocker 22:27 08 Jan 2008

thanks everyone im useing dvd+r think is iso format when i done dvd i ticked not have anymore files added to disc does this close the disc the laptop and my sons pc has xp home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?